- Global Performance Graphs based on Scope/iX created "on-the-fly" out of
an HTML form -
In Example 7 demonstrates that Ploticus/iX is able
to create Performance Graphs out of Scope/iX directly on your HP e3000.
This example gives you a whole package which helps you
- to start a 2nd Web Server (here: Apache/iX) under MPE-user
SCOPE.SYS so that
- you could use an HTML form to create actual Global Performance Graphs
"on-the-fly" out of Scope/iX, similiar to the obsolete LaserRX-Tool for
pre-MPE/iX 7.0 versions.
- Ploticus/iX is available in /usr/local/ploticus/bin
Otherwise you need to install Ploticus/iX first.
- Apache/iX is available in /APACHE/PUB/HTTPD
Otherwise you need either install Apache/iX first, or
change the background job needed accordingly for another Web Server.
- Scope/iX is running
Otherwise you do not have data for a performance
If you have another performance data collection tool in
place you may get a new idea if there is no HTML interface!
The downloadable package contains
all files needed in a new group named SCOPPLOT.SYS. You will find:
- the conf/ and (empty) logs/ directories to define an Apache/iX server. The
file conf/httpd.conf.dist must be changed at a minimum.
- the background job HTTPSCOP to start an Apache/iX server under MPE-user
- three .htm files which create the HTML form as frame,
- the HTML form executable (cgi script) scopplot.sh,
- two files for each of the nine graphs. One contains the REPORT commands
used by EXTRACT.SCOPE.SYS, the other contains the commands for
- the commandfile GLOCISD to invoke EXTRACT.SCOPE.SYS with the wanted
settings out of this cgi script.
- Download the file scopplot.tar.Z on your HP e3000
(binary) into /tmp/
- Logon as MANAGER.SYS and perform
:TAR.HPBIN "xvfzop /tmp/scopplot.tar.Z"
>chown -R SCOPE.SYS *
Edit the entries for
by eliminating the brackets and text in <UPPERSHIFT> so that finally it
will look alike
and save as httpd.conf by overwriting the existing one using
- Invoke your browser and look for
Use this link
to download this
package to your PC or directly to your HP e3000 (e.g. via a Samba/iX share) to
execute this Installation Process.
If everything will work adopt the .htm files to your needs, and don't forget
to add the batch HTTPSCOP into your startup and monitor procedures so that it
is active all day long.
Don't underestimate the hunger of ressources Ploticus/iX will have to produce
the graphs for huge performance data!
This new page will show how the HTML form and a
graph will look alike. This form will not function here like it does in reality
on your HPe3000!.
Please take into consideration that the setup fits on the HP3000 I use for
these graphs. Some parameters in the Ploticus/iX files may need an adoption to
fit for YOUR HPe3000!
You may also want to reduce the power of the Apache/iX server specified here,
e.g. disable SSI, server-status and server-info.
last changed: 07.01.2003
© 2003 Andreas Schmidt